Career Counseling & Coaching:
If you really think about it, we spend the majority of the first 30 years of our lives training for what our eventual career might be. Even more sobering is that fact that we will probably spend more time at work than we will with our own families and doing the things that we enjoy most. It is no wonder that our careers can often be the difference between being happy/satisfied in life and being hopeless and pessimistic. Depending on what stage you are at in life, the question of career can either be “What do you want to do when you grow up” or “What do you want to do now that you are grown up”? That is why I have separated my career services into two options:
Teen & Young Adult Career Coaching Services:
- Do you have a high school student who is undecided about college or what their career should be?
- Does your son or daughterâ€™s indecision about college major/career affecting their motivation to live up to their full potential?
- Do you have a son or daughter in college who has been a undeclared for several semesters?
- Does your son or daughter have second thoughts about their major?
- Do you feel as though your son or daughter is unmotivated because of their career indecision?
If you find yourself answering yes to many of these questions, then perhaps it is time to seek out professional advice. I offer assessment and coaching services specifically designed to help high school and college students in these situations. I have assessment services designed to help your children discover what careers best match their interests as well as assessing your childrenâ€™s personality styles that give information as to what environments your children will most flourish in. I use career and personality style assessments such as the Strong Interest Inventory & the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator to help your children discover the many opportunities that they have available to them and to learn to own their own future and choosing a career that not only makes them happy, but also internally motivates them to succeed.
Not only do I help your child figure out what they want to do, we also develop a step by step plan to figure out what they need to do to get there. It is often at the action stage that we discover that career indecision was not only a result of a lack of knowledge about their career, but also lack of confidence, depression, low self-esteem, and anxiety playing a large role. This is where career coaching and counseling mesh together to address those underlying issues to break through those barriers and help them move forward.
Professional Career Coaching Services:
- Do you find yourself going on countless job interviews and never getting called back for the second interview?
- Do you see people/co-workers who are less qualified then you get promotions before you?
- Do your performance reviews by your superiors never live up to your own appraisal of your work performance?
- Do you feel stuck in your current position or overlooked entirely for leadership positions?
- Do you feel stuck in your current job and are thinking about transitioning to a new career altogether?
- Do you want to change your career but have no idea where to start?
If you find yourself answering yes to many of these questions, then perhaps is the time to start changing your future and start finding out the reasons why. We spend way too much of our lives in our jobs to be unhappy and unfulfilled; often playing a large role in depression and anxiety as an adult. Furthermore, with the economy being so competitive, job interviews are becoming even harder to come by, let alone succeed in. With many employees being savvier than ever before in knowing what it takes to get ahead in a company , it is becoming even more difficult to get promoted and the competition is for those positions are more competitive to get. To be competitive in this job market you must be operating at your peak potential. Companies have been coaching executives and senior level managers for years but that level of personal coaching for the average worker is virtually non-existent.
I understand the need for this level of coaching for the average worker and I am offering performance assessment and coaching services that meets your needs and finances. Based on my executive assessment experience, I provide inside knowledge to what major companies look for in a potential candidate as well as what behaviors they look for in identifying employees for leadership development. Â I offer assessment services that help provide information about your personality, communication styles, and interests. Assessment services also can include 360 degree feedback from supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates to help understand how other people are viewing you. Assessment results are then used to coach the clients to help them live up to their potential and to provide feedback on how to present yourself in the manner in which you intend.